Expanded Bonded Bushing produces fretting and adhesive load tranfer. It improve the assembly performance and the installation process.
EB² bushings are coated during manufacturing with a micro-encapsuled adhesive. During the installation, the process is very simple: bushing is sliped on a mandrel and coldexpanded into the hole. Both fretting and adhesive provide a high performance load transfer between the bushing and the composite pannel.
We propose a full package from design and stress calculation to bushing installation. The EB² (Expanded Bonded Bushing) with the encapsuled adhesive:
- has a high resistance to torque and push-out
- Increase in load transfer allowable for composite material
- can be with straight or flanged bushing
- can use any material
- Ease installation (No manual adhesive coating)
- is an optimized and repetitive process
- reduces operator skilled level
- doesn't required adhesive stocking