Expanded bushing (EB) simultaneously coldworks the material around the hole, and provides a high interference fit
Expanded bushing offers several advantages :
- Improved Fatigue Life
- Fatigue life superior to press or shrink fit installations
- One-Sided Operation
- Process accomplished within seconds
- Corrosion Resistance
- Protective coatings are not damaged during installation
- High Torque and Pushout Resistance
- Greater resistance to rotation and pushout compared to conventional installation methods
- Installation is Safer and Quicker
- Cryogenic fluid not required
Expanded bushings can be used for most bushing installations. Bushings are available in a number of materials and configurations:
- Large range of Bushing inside diameter : from 10mm to more than 100 mm
- Bushing geometry : Straight and flanged - Lube grooves and holes
- Bushing material: Bronze, Titanium, Steels, Beryllium-copper, Aluminium, Nickel...
- Parent material: Aluminum, Steel, Titanium...
Contact Capaero for assistance with your specific application requirements.
Capaero is able to design bushings with an anti-fretting coating (Greencoat).